Wildcard is a browser extension that empowers anyone to modify websites to meet their own specific needs, using a familiar spreadsheet view. It’s a research project as part of my PhD at MIT, with my advisor Daniel Jackson.
Here’s a 60 second demo of adding read times to Hacker News using Wildcard:
Onward! 2020 talk
Here’s a short 15 minute talk from Onward! 2020, which shows a bunch of examples and explains some of the deeper ideas behind the project:
The best place to get a general sense of the project is the web version of the Convivial Computing Salon paper.
Get Future Updates
- Beta list: To get notified when the beta is available, sign up for the mailing list.
- Follow along on Twitter: To get further updates about Wildcard and my other projects, follow me on Twitter.
- Try the current version: If you want to live on the edge, you can try installing the current dev build, although it’s not totally feature-complete or stable. Here are the installation instructions and the Github source. Let me know if you run into problems or questions.
- Project leads: Geoffrey Litt, Daniel Jackson
- Contributors: Tyler Millis, Jessica Quaye, Kapaya Katongo, Gloria Lin, Kathryn Jin